SAP S/4HANA is SAP’s next-generation business suite which is specially designed to run on SAP HANA. S/4HANA was launched in February 2015 and is the fourth business suite version that came after SAP R/3. It is the only unique business suit that is compatible with SAP HANA system at its backend and just because of this unique feature, SAP has replaced the old SAP ECC/ERP system with SAP HANA. Still, S/4 HANA is based around its successor i.e. ECC (ERP Control Center) solution and considers it as its core technology. SAP S/4 HANA can also be known as the latest Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution with following special features.
- Streamlined data
- Easy to understand tool designing
- Agile and easy to use
- Capable of performing complex calculations
- Capable of handling huge data
- On-premise or on-cloud deployment
- Can also be deployed as a hybrid system
S/4 HANA is super-fast when it comes to the retrieval and processing of data in real-time. This is because it doesn’t support batch processing for its data and follows the smarter method. As it works on real-time analytics, you can use it to process and analyse information from the Internet of Things (IoT) or big data sources.
It is very important to understand that SAP S/4HANA has played an essential role in the digital transformation of many businesses that are also SAP customers. This post will help you in understanding that why the SAP HANA Cloud Platform is similarly essential for organisations who have not yet taken-up a cloud strategy.
Next Generation, Real-time ERP Business Suite – SAP S/4HANA
Are you ready to transform your business with SAP S/4HANA which is today ‘s most advanced real-time ERP business suite? With SAP S/4 HANA you can change your organisation’s digital transformation challenges into brand-new opportunities. It allows you to be more flexible for trying out new business models, speeds up the development process, and facilitates collaboration. And thanks to core SAP HANA database with the help of which SAP S/4HANA enables real-time analytics and is able support quick decision making.
We are all aware of the pace with which the industry is growing and this has subsequently increased the demands on ERP systems. There is huge competition and to stay ahead speed, agility, and the ability to innovate has become a must. SAP S/4HANA is an SAP’s perfect innovation to deal with all such needs. This is undoubtedly a next-generation business suite to form the digital core of a modern business by blending connected business processes with a single source of truth and an instinctive user experience.
Streamline and Modernize your Business with SAP S/4HANA –
- Take actions and plan in real time: SAP HANA Database is all that you need to enable plan and take actions in real time and if you use this you will no longer need batch processing.
- Flexibility to adapt business models: Be connected with people, necessary devices and also business networks, so that you can flexibly adapt your business models as per the changing market conditions and latest trends.
- Improve the decision-making ability:On the basis of reliable data provided through a single source of truth, the informed decision making is improved. Leverage predictive analytics & also what-if analyses that can be of great help to optimize your planning processes.
- Boost productivity:Flexible user interface, clear and personalized dashboards to represent business insights and role-based interfaces boosts the user productivity and at the same time minimizes the requirement of training sessions.
SAP HANA Deployment options – Choose from them wisely
First and the most important aspect of choosing the right deployment option is to thoroughly understand the business requirement and then you can quickly and seamlessly go ahead choosing the appropriate deployment option that not only fits into your business requirement but also falls within the budget.
Depending on your budget and need, SAP S/4 HANA’s deployment options can be distributed into following major categories –
1. Public Cloud – When you choose cloud as a deployment option for your business, your deployment is managed in an SAP data center. All you need to do is to just pay a certain amount to the service provider and everything will be managed by them. As SAP S/4HANA Cloud is a common platform, you will have reduced control over it, and you cannot customise it. However, the positive part of choosing SAP S/4HANA Cloud deployment option is that, you will be always have the benefits of your using latest and updated features as Cloud deployment option automatically updates on a quarterly basis.
2. On-Premise – Have full control on the environment by choosing on-premise deployment option. Here, all you have to do is to buy SAP S/4HANA, install it and then run it way you want. Customize it to use it as per your requirements. But with privileges, there comes a few responsibilities too. While you go for this option you have to be responsible for maintaining and taking care of any upgrades and updates. You also have to take the agreement for the annual innovation cycle that provides you with the option of upgrading and updating once in a year.
3. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – This is considered as the most basic form of cloud computing service. Choosing this deployment option can be easily explained with an example of renting a car. While you rent a car, you get similar services as you get when you own a car apart from taking care of hardware material and maintenance of the vehicle. So, with IaaS you will not have to worry about maintenance as it also works as a bring-your-own-license (BYOL) model and mostly hosted through a hyperscale cloud provider like Amazon Web Services. However, while you avoid the high preliminary expenses of buying the technology, IaaS actually doesn’t always work out as the most cost-effective option.
4. Private Cloud – One of the best SAP S/4HANA deployment option to choose for your business is the private cloud. This is delivered in the form of managed service. Its’s like you own the cloud but the trained technology experts perform the activities for you. When you select private cloud deployment you get the privilege of merging the advantages of on-premise deployment with those of the cloud. So, a few benefits of using private cloud includes –
- Quick innovation
- Latest capabilities and features
- greater flexibility
- lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Release management
- 24/7 Consultation option
- On-time optimisation services
All the four deployment options explained above have their own importance, but it is you who have to decide what suits your business reequipment better. We at Acuiti Labs can guide you through the process of choosing most appropriate deployment option and can also help you with one. We are UK based SAP Silver Partner and are also certified SAP hosting and cloud services partner. We offer both On-Premise and Cloud Edition for SAP S/4HANA, through which you get complete flexibility to choose system and service package combinations.
This specialty allows you to scale in two dimensions:
- Database size
- Service level
And these added scalability options allow you to change your SAP S/4HANA deployment based on the changing requirements.
Contact us for more information about our SAP S/4HANA deployment options and other SAP services and solutions.