Time is not so far when customer-centric options like self-driving cars, carpooling, people opting for greener options and choosing public transport, etc. will take over, and owning a car will be rare. This is what the future of transportation certainly looks like. The concept of Mobility as a Service (MaaS) makes it even more clear and certain.
In the past few years, a huge shift from using personally owned cars to choosing public transportation or using mobility as a service has been noticed. The current way of traveling from let us say point A to point B has changed and is transforming and shaping up the whole ecosystem of individual mobility. Not only will be the entire transportation industry will be affected by it, but other sectors including health care, energy, media, insurance etc. will have the impact. These industries should reevaluate and opt for more advanced solutions to create value in this emerging environment.
What is Mobility as a Service (MaaS)?
Mobility as a Service also commonly referred to as MaaS is a customer-centric platform for individuals to use as a mode of transportation. This is an on-demand, real-time platform which basically includes a different combination of transport methods like a car and bike sharing, taxis, and car rentals/leases, and it offers its customers everything that is essential for an effortless traveling experience. Right from the user’s travel plan to payments, all this is included in MaaS.
To choose this service, all you have to do is to take a subscription of the application and you will have the access to available vehicles like car, bike, any public transport pass for the chosen time period depending on your convenience. If we talk about further details, it has smart mobility options including various modes of transportation for the ecological and social benefit are also playing a huge role in reducing harmful emissions, cleaning the air pollution, and proving better road safety.
Benefits of Mobility as a Service?
New age service Maas offers various advantages including –
- Effortless and smart route planning — Maas offers real-time route planning for the users. it helps them in planning their journeys which might require using multiple transport methods based on the route they choose, with the help of smart suggestions drawn from their particular preferences.
- Personalisation for best user-experience – MaaS is known for being offered as a completely personalized service. This creates a unique bonding between the users and the transport service provider. With the help of big data, it provides two-way communication and frequent customer feedback because of which MaaS systems have become the greatest customer-focused transportation platform of today
- Easy payment choices — There are various different methods through which the MaaS users can pay for transportation which includes phones, smartwatches, and bank cards, flexibly before or after their journey, or also on a subscription basis.
What were the typical city transport billing platform challenges?
- Multiple Booking Platforms – Leading to difficulty in creating bundles, limited integrated view of the customer, poor adaptability to multiple business models and not easy to grow partner ecosystem
- Revenue Leakage – Manual processes, no single view of the customer, no streamlined order to cash process, limited Automation of business processes, higher Days of Outstanding.
- Customer Experience – Needs to be enhanced, consistence and contextual
- Limited Scalability – Bundles as well as combining various billing stream will lead to a massive increase in transaction volumes as well as business rules complexity
- Visibility – Limited visibility (for business) of customer booking various commute options
How MaaS -Mobility as a Service and SAP BRIM together can be a game-changer?
The digital economy has completely changed the way how customers use to buy and engaged in the same service earlier. The subscription-based model has opened several options for the customers thus making the complete process hassle-free.
The Digital Economy has enabled new services … and changed the way customers buy
Iteration is based on customer behavior that includes price per month, per use, volume tiers, minimum commits, freemium, per outcome, etc.
SAP BRIM – Advanced Billing Platform for City Transport
- Account Registration
- Register customer account
- Add credit card details
- Journey Planning (Purchase)
- Check routes and possible legs of the journey
- Buy rides/journeys in advance
- Journey: Tap-In & Tap-Out
- Every journey start and end are recorded by NFC, Proximity Sensor Bluetooth devices using the phone
- Separate events are clubbed together to record the journeys for charging
- Digital Presentment
- Responsive and Integrated Reporting / Customer-Centric Statements and Forms
- The customer receives a statement on mail for monthly usage
- PayG Payment –Fair Price Promise
- Flexible Billing/Invoicing and Payment process
- End of the day all PayG charges are collated and payment run deducted the total from Credit car
- Service Charging
- Flexible Business Logic for Services Charging
- If the ride is already purchased that entitlement is used otherwise the charge is calculated for Pay
How Acuiti Labs can help?
Acuiti Labs is transforming the travel industry via the use of SAP BRIM and excellent customer experience-driven mobile apps.
We have innovated the travel of an individual who is using their own vehicle or using public transport to make it account-based pay rather than individual transactions.
These apps and BRIM platforms are designed to operate in any country or city with minor changes. This will significantly accelerate the adoption of account and relationship-based travel.
Acuiti Labs is an SAP Silver Partner offering an accelerated implementation service for SAP BRIM, Subscription Billing, Entitlement management, and more. Our experience and competency in ‘mobility as a service’ market could provide a complete road map for the businesses that are looking for transformation and adoption of a new way of mobility. Our billing and other SAP Services can help you in changing the way you consume mobility by integrating all forms of transport, including local bicycle services, ride-hailing, car-sharing, and a lot more. Contact us for more details.